Every year I go through these feeling on this particular day. However hard I try, I fail to name these feelings.
I am not sure if it is something happy or sad. I don't know If I pound my fist in the air to cheer myself or I place my palm on my heart and console myself.
To avoid all this confusion, I look for a diversion. I ransack my cupboard, my shack and my junk yard; catch hold of a pen, pick up a notepad and start thinking.....
What should my new year resolutions be? Should I have resolution(s)? Let me see the last time I was resolute about the resolutions?? ....
I think blank, in particular about nothing. Shooting in the dark I successfully manage to kill the early hours of the morning when everyone is sleeping tight after partying hard the previous night. Bored of this futile attempts to bring some sanity in an otherwise directionless life, I get busy doing nothing, more often I sit and watch TV and disturb the rest.
This is how I generally spend the first morning of Every New year.
Ok enough of the gibberish, that doesn't concern this post. I plan to do something different this year. Now, I have caught hold of a text editor and a key pad and I am keying in the 10 things I would like to be AMENed this year (Inspired by my friend Khalid's post). So without much ado, here I go
- First and foremost, Less and less of bollywood flops. Movies worth watching and the ones that make a difference.
- India wins the ICC world cup - Yes despite all the cricket bashing I do for having killed the rest of sports and games, I am an Indian and I would love to watch India win the world cup with Sachin and with(out) Dhoni :)
- Our Country India being Inducted in the UNO security council.
- More and better books from Indian authors and Diaspora.
- Arsenal and Nadal to rise to glory and become the ultimate champions.
- Better Bureaucrats and politicians who can steer our country to be the world leaders.
- Responsible media who stop running behind TRPs; putting journalism to shame and making mockery of news reporting - Aishwarya ke billi ko sardi lag gayi- No more of such nonsene.
- Put my camera to use and pursue wild life photography.
- Pursue dreams to be an entrepreneur or atleast change the job; get a life :)
- Committed Blogging - Write more and read much much more, follow more blog(ger)s.
I hope I get all my wishes granted.
and I hope you get all your wishes granted too :)
Wishing you a prosperous and eventful year, may you rise in glory and glam and be successful in all your endeavors.
Happy New year 2011 !!!!