Skip to main content


Showing posts from 2017

PCC for Canada Immigration

If you are within Canada and you need to get background check done in India to apply for your PR, I hope the below information is helpful.

The Consulate General of India is located at 365 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor, Toronto ON M4W 3L4. The closest intersection is Bloor and Sherbourne. The nearest subway is Sherbourne station (

Visa and consular applications are handled by BLS International Services Canada Inc. (BLS). NOTICE. Applications for Visa, Passport, Surrender Certificate, Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) card, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Certificate of Birth and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) should be submitted at the BLS Visa Application Centres (VACs) at :

Toronto – 1448 Lawrence Avenue E, Unit 6 A, ON, M4A2V6

Brampton - 10 Gillingham Drive , Unit 201 , ON, L6X5A5

Winnipeg – 1806, 201 Portage Avenue, 18th Floor, MB R3B3K6

BLS International Services Canada Inc. Helpline number is 647-846-8141 and their website http://www.blsindia-canad…

Demonetization : RBI Chennai NRI deposit

The last couple of months have been very turbulent for Indians as we try to get a grip on the demonetization wave.  While people residing in India seem to have come to an understanding with the new normal, Indians abroad are still confused and trying to make sense of what this means to them and how do they convert/exchange the devalued SBNs (1000 and 500 Rs Notes) with the new ones. I can claim that I am one of the few NRIs who have successfully submitted my old currency notes at RBI and while I wait for the money to be deposited to my account, I wanted to share my experiences that may be helpful for others who are looking for pointers /directives online but don’t find any useful information. I visited RBI Chennai on 18th Jan 2017. I had Rs 18,500 that I carried with me when I landed in India almost a week before. Below, I try to provide as much information as possible. If I commit any mistakes in this post, please help me to correct it by leaving a comment.
I would like to clarify that …